BA (Hons) Graphic Design.
With an international reputation for producing graduates that stand out for their creative thinking and technical skills, our BA (Hons) Graphic Design degree is a 3 year programme and does prepare students to become flexible and creative graphic design professionals, with a specific personal graphics skill set, able to negotiate their way through an exciting professional career.
You will be taught by passionate and experienced graphic design professionals who have worked in some of the best design agencies in the UK. Their dedication to helping you bring your projects to life will give you the confidence and knowledge to follow your passions and choose a path that fits with your academic aspirations and career goals.
The aim of the course is to encourage students to develop as individuals within a flexible and supportive environment. Our modules and teaching expertise will help you become more independent as a leaner and more certain of your discipline expertise. Upon completion, students will develop crucial skills, encouraging them to become creative, enterprising, employable and good leaders.
Possible Course Requirements:
Age: Minimum 18 years
Language Proficiency: Language IELTS 6.0 or equivalent (min 5.5 in each component)
Admission is by interview with a portfolio of work and normally applicants will have achieved one of the following:
- UCAS Tariff score of 80
- Relevant A-Levels for applicants straight from school;
- National Diploma: General Art and Design or Design Crafts
- A Diploma in Foundation Art and Design;
- Prior experiential learning which demonstrates an aptitude to succeed on the course;
- Access to Art and Design courses;
- Advanced Diploma in Manufacturing and Product Design
- City and Guilds practical course or equivalent.
- Students should have a strong GCSE profile, normally to include 5 GCSEs including English at Grade C or above.
Entry with Advanced Standing Students may be admitted to any Level of the programme which is considered suitable, after portfolio review and interview using the Credit Accumulation and Transfer Scheme (CATS).
3 Years Full-Time Study
- Historical & Critical Thinking
- Design Workshops
- Conceptual Communications
- Type and Image
- Design Research & Theory
- Design Directions - Brand Identity and Experience Design
- Professional Studies
- Integrated Final Major Project
- Professional Practice
: February 2019 , October 2019