Bachelor in Digital Business
Perfect for a Career in the Digital Age
- Accreditation: currently under accreditation*
- Credits: 180 ECTS
- Language of instruction: 100% English
The future is digital
In today’s world, the progressive digitalisation of the marketplace presents an ever greater challenge for companies. Big data, social media and e-business play a central role in almost all areas of business, from production and manufacturing to personnel management, accounting, sales, logistics, and more.
As such, the future of companies lies in emerging technologies, innovative solutions, and digital business models. Experts in the field of Digital Business are therefore in ever-increasing demand. Our Bachelor’s degree in Digital Business is designed to optimally prepare you for this varied and exciting field.
Facts about the degree programme
: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
: on Campus
: Bad Honnef, Berlin
: 6 semesters
: 1 semester in Germany or abroad
: 1 semester (voluntary, performance-related)
: High school diploma, technical school certificate or comparable degree; successfully completed Assessment Day; Proof of English skills
What you will learn from us
The Bachelor's degree in Digital Business prepares you optimally for your career at the interface between management and digital innovation:
You will develop a sound foundation in economic theory with an emphasis on Digital Business.
You will acquire knowledge and skills indispensable in the age of digitalisation and fast-changing business models and processes.
You will learn to deal with the challenges of digital innovation both on a national and international scale.
The B.A. in Digital Business allows you to choose one of two majors in which to specialise.
During your internship, you can use your academic knowledge outside of your studies. You will also get to know the industry better – which provides the perfect foundation for choosing your career. The internship is firmly integrated into your studies so of course you do not lose any time.
- You can take your internship in Germany or abroad.
- The internship usually lasts five to six months.
- Make your first contacts in the industry.
- Enrich your CV with an important position.
- Use the opportunity to be hired by the company after graduation.
You spend your 7th semester abroad at one of our partner universities. We support you in the search for a suitable partner university and in preparations for your stay abroad.
The staff of the International Office can inform you about the admission requirements of the partner universities and provide valuable orientation for a successful semester abroad.
During your studies, both in Germany and abroad, you can significantly improve your language skills and earn additional ECTS credits.
Gain intercultural experience, broaden your horizons and get to know new cultures and people.
Studying at the IU supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to bring with you to become part of our university.
English language skills
- High School diploma, advanced technical college entrance qualification, Internationale Baccalaureat (IB) or equivalent qualification* and transcript of records. *Equivalent qualifications from foreign high schools and IB degrees are recognised accordingly.
- If you do not yet have a High School qualification, you can apply for a conditional acceptance with your existing transcript of records (including grades and credits, if applicable).
- An original or certified copy of High School diploma and transcript of records must be submitted upon starting your studies.
Since all of our study programmes are offered in English, a certification of your language skills is required (TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge).
IU Entrance examination
- Academic IELTS 6.0
- TOEFL IBT 80 points
- PTE 56 points
- Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
- TOEFL/IELTS Waiver Application
Depending on your grades and country of origin, an entrance examination may be required.
The entrance exam may be conducted remotely and consists of a written and an oral exam. The written part of the exam is computer-based and takes approximately 2.5 hours. It is composed of the following sections (1-3):
- General Knowledge: Multiple choice questions (30 minutes)
- Mathematics and Logic: Mental arithmetic, conversion exercise, math word problems, logic (60 minutes)
- English Grammar and Comprehension: English reading, “fill-in-the-blank“, grammar questions (60 minutes)
- English Oral Exam: Interview (15 minutes)
The oral section of the exam is an interview with professors from the university. Your motivation and personality will be discussed during the conversation.
Depending on your secondary school leaving certificate, grades and country of origin, you may need to undertake the IU Pathway Programme, with guaranteed progression into Bachelor when passed successfully.
Your career? International!
- Online project manager
- Digital marketing manager
- Digital business consultant
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IU prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.
The IU is constantly on the look out for new partners and fruitful cooperations
We are very grateful for the commitment of our partners who support us in a variety of ways through grants, sponsorship, guest speakers, events, direct recruitment and more. Over time, a special relationship develops between the IU and the cooperation partner. The exchange between the two deepens and all sides profit from the individual cooperation contract. The goal of these partnerships is to support interested students and graduates and to give them the best possible chances and insights.