GBS Academic Broad-Based Goals.
The academic business unit’s mission and goals provide strategic direction for guiding its decision making. The academic business unit’s outcomes assessment plan evaluates the extent to which the unit’s mission and broad-based goals are being accomplished.
The broad-based goals at GBS represent the general aims or aspirations of the academic business unit and derive from the mission.
The broad-based goals of GBS are instrumental to the success of GBS in the sense that achievement of the goals would provide evidence that the academic business unit is accomplishing its mission.
Broad-Based Student Learning Goals:
1. Understand the major concepts of business applicable to companies of all sizes.
2. Obtain business knowledge and understand the management processes involved.
3. Learn the different types of effective communication skills.
4. Understand the importance of personal and professional integrity.
5. Understand the ethical ramifications of business decisions.