Foundation Arts and Design.
The Foundation Art and Design programme provides students with a valuable introduction into a wide range of creative disciplines. Student will have the opportunity to explore a field of interest in more depth, developing their skills, knowledge and preparing them for further education/career opportunities worlds of art and fashion.
This programme will be taught in partnership with LSBF academic faculty. It is accredited by Edexcel, the UK's largest awarding body and it offers high quality, professional and innovative programmes, widely known and respected by employers.
Possible Course Requirements:
1. Minimum age: UK/EU students - 16 years old, International students - 18 years old
2. Qualification: Three GCSE passes (C or Above) / One A Level (Grade E or above), OR Advanced GCE in Applied Art and Design / AS GCE in Art and Design
3.English Proficiency: IELTS 5.0 or equivalent (with one component at 4.5)
4. Alternative: For mature students with few or no formal qualifications must apply with details of age, work experience, including any voluntary work and any other relevant experience gained since leaving school. Portfolio of work relevant to the area of study.
- Research, Recording and Responding in Art and Design
- Media Experimentation in Art and Design
- Preparation and Progression in Art and Design
- Personal Experimental Studies in Art and Design (Art & Design)
- Personal Experimental Studies in Art and Design (Fashion)
- Information and Interpretation in Art and Design
- Extended Media Development in Art and Design
Final Major Project in Art and Design
Subjects studied within the units will include:
- Observational Drawing
- Concept Drawing
- Design Drawing
- Colour Theory and Practice
- Mixed Media
- 2-D Art & Design Studies
- 3-D Art & Design Studies
- Contextual Studies
- Digital Media
- Fashion Design
- Graphics and Visual Communication
- Portfolio preparation
Intake: February 2019 , October 2019
Careers & Employability
Our Careers department provides guidance and support for you in planning and managing your career development, enhancing employability skills and improving your career prospects.
These services are available to all LCCA students from the start of your course, throughout your studies and after graduation.