Master in International Health Care Management
Key information at a glanceNext start of studies
- Bad Honnef: March / September
- Berlin: April / October
: FIBAA accreditedCredits
: 60 ECTSLanguage of instruction
: 100% English
Make a difference
Whether it is in hospitals, outpatient care, medical tourism or health or long-term care insurance: Doctors, nurses and the entire healthcare sector are becoming increasingly international.
This Master’s degree programme provides you with the necessary leadership skills to start or boost your management career in the German and European healthcare sector. During your studies, you deal with the complex relationships between business activities and the resulting ethical and social consequences. After graduating, you will be able to successfully fill leadership positions in healthcare companies such as hospitals and nursing homes, as well as consulting firms and medical and pharmaceutical manufacturing companies.Facts about the degree programme
Study Health Care as a Major
- Degree: Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Study model: on Campus
- Campus: Bad Honnef, Berlin
- Programme duration: 2 semesters
- Admission: Bachelor’s degree, placement test if necessary, proof of English language skills
- Non-Business Graduates: International Management for career changers
When you major in Health Care in the International Management Master programme (4 semesters, 120 ECTS), you will deepen your professional skills and your knowledge in the area of General Management.
Studying in Berlin
Berlin is Germany’s premier Hot spot: international, intercultural and the leading city for innovation and start-ups – It’s just the right place to prepare for an international career with an English-language Master degree programme. Historical sights, museums, theatres, music and a club scene make Germany’s capital a city full of possibilities. To change the viewing direction, simply drag the image with the mouse pointer in the desired direction.
:What you will learn from us
The International Health Care Management Master’s degree programme gives you excellent preparation for your career in the healthcare sector – an industry with great development potential and very good job prospects:
How does the course of studies work
- You deal intensively with the complex processes of healthcare management.
- You deal with common state and private healthcare systems as well as with the planning, development and implementation of clinical processes.
- You identify the most important requirements in strategic management and learn how to implement them using the most important management tools.
- You deepen your knowledge of quality-management instruments such as audits, risk management, controlling and monitoring.
- You learn about the foundations of HR management – especially against the background of increasing staff shortages, e.g. in the healthcare sector.
For our two-semester Master's programme you need a Bachelor's degree with 240 ECTS. If you already have professional experience or take our TASC placement test, a Bachelor's degree with 210 ECTS may be sufficient.Where you will be studying
You can pursue our Health Care Management Master’s degree at the two German campuses in Bad Honnef and Berlin.Study Health Care as a Major
When you major in Health Care in the International Management Master programme (4 semesters, 120 ECTS), you will deepen your professional skills and your knowledge in the area of General Management.Admission requirements
Studying at the IUBH supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
Aptitude Test TASC
- Language skills: English, academic IELTS 6.0/ TOEFL IBT 80 points/ PTE 56 points (51 points in each range)
- Bachelor's degree in economics (240 ECTS) or
- Bachelor's degree in economics (210 ECTS) + relevant work experience (30 ECTS) or
- Bachelor degree from other fields (210 ECTS) + Path2Master (30 ECTS) or
- Bachelor degree from other fields (210 ECTS) + TASC
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (3.0)
The TASC examination is used to determine if you have the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully pursue the IUBH degree programme to which you are applying. Preparatory study materials are available on our CLIX learning platform to all candidates who will be taking the test. The materials include further literature references and detailed instructions that make it possible to work, for the most part, independently in preparation for taking the test.Career
:What are my prospects
With an MBA degree in Health Care Management, you acquire the specialist knowledge you will need as a successful leader in the healthcare industry. Your potential employers include healthcare and care insurance providers, medical facilities, pharmaceutical companies and health tourism institutions. After graduation, for example, you can work as a ...
Your career? International
- Occupational Health Management Consultant
- Hospital Account Manager
- Healthcare Business Consultant
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IUBH prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.The IUBH is constantly on the look out for new partners and fruitful cooperations
We are very grateful for the commitment of our partners who support us in a variety of ways through grants, sponsorship, guest speakers, events, direct recruitment and more. Over time, a special relationship develops between the IUBH and the cooperation partner. The exchange between the two deepens and all sides profit from the individual cooperation contract. The goal of these partnerships is to support interested students and graduates and to give them the best possible chances and insights.