Master in International Tourism Management.
Intake: April 2019
Créditos ECTS: 60
Método: Full Time
The Master is designed for university graduates. Professional experience is not essential. Language certification or interview in English.
Presentación de Máster.
The Master in International Tourism Management, majoring in Management of International Tourism Destinations, is designed to equip professionals and executives to lead global business projects in the tourism sector.
This master is also conducted in Spanish in Barcelona.
Reasons to take the Master:
- Management Experience: Students develop the key competences for managing projects effectively, Soft Skills.
- Specific training at the headquarters of the World Tourism Organization (WTO), Turismo de España and the embassy of a guest country each year.
- Series of conferences with executives from hotels and restaurant companies, and international tourism consultants.
- Students have the option of taking an international residential program in Tourism at Saxion (Holland) or in Cross-Cultural Marketing at Kean University (NJ, USA) (at an additional cost).
- Campus to Campus: Option of taking part of the program at Ostelea’s Barcelona campus. (Accommodation not included).
Employability and Entrepreneurship
- International internships in companies such as Hilton, Tundra Hotels and Melia Hotels, among others.
- Students who want to set up their own business have access to the Entrepreneur Project, offering advice and guidance.
- Employability-focused tuition: Professional Careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Programs, among other initiatives (subject to demand).
Attendance to sector trade fairs
- Students have the opportunity to attend up to two relevant trade fairs in the field of business tourism held in Madrid over the course of their tuition program.
Other key features.
- International faculty: Some of the contents on certain courses will be taught by lecturers from Ostelea’s partner universities and business schools.
- Research Group: Members of the Master faculty form part of Ostelea’s Interdisciplinary Tourism Research Group (GRIT-Ostelea), the scientific output of which focuses on the field of international tourism management.
- Seminars on Hospitality (in the case of Barcelona's programs) and Sustainability (in the case of Madrid's programs).
- Language: English or French
The Master in International Tourism Management will give you the following benefits:
INSIGHT INTO THE TOURISM INDUSTRY
Building a firm knowledge base in the tourism industry from an international perspective and always with an executive approach.
Training directors equipped to manage tourism companies and who are able to achieve the expected results at a global level.
DEVELOPMENT OF STRATEGIC PLANS
Learning the key factors in drafting strategic and immediate action plans in multinational tourism settings.
SUSTAINABLE INNOVATION AND MANAGEMENT
Developing the skills required of a global manager of tourism companies to enable them to work cooperatively, assertively and participatively with all of the members of the team.
Developing the skills required of a global manager of tourism companies to enable them to work cooperatively, assertively and participatively with all of the members of the team. Study programme
Ostelea’s Master in International Tourism Management is divided into 5 modules:
- Structures and international finance of the tourism sector
- Talent and innovation management in global context
- Strategic management and operations in global tourism destinations
- Marketing and international commercialization of tourism destinations
- Master’s Thesis
Módulo 1 : Structures and international finance of the tourism sector
- Structure of the global tourism market - 6 Credits - Core course
- International Finance for the tourism sector - 6 Credits - Core course
Módulo 2 : Talent and innovation management in global context
- Intellectual and talent capital management in global context - 6 Credits - Core course
- Innovation and the entrepreneurial mindset - 6 Credits - Core course
Módulo 3 : Strategic management and operations in tourism global destinations
- Strategic analysis of tourism and leisure sector - 6 Credits - Core course
- Operations and quality in tourism sectors - 6 Credits - Core course
Módulo 4 : Marketing and international commercialization of tourism destinations
- International touristic marketing and new technologies - 6 Credits - Core course
- International marketing strategies for tourism destinations and products – 6 Credits - Core course
Módulo 5 : Master’s Thesis
- Master’s Thesis - 6 Credits – Core course
Throughout the academic year, students have the opportunity to take part in seminars, conferences and workshops to round off their tuition and equip them for the labour market. They are categorized in the following way:
- Skills and Customer Service in Hospitality seminar at the Barcelona campus and a seminar on Sustainability at the Madrid campus (Limited places allotted by order of registration).
- Language seminar: 30 hours of tuitions, with the option of choosing English and French (Limited places allotted by order of registration).
- Management Conferences: Conferences run by middle managers from leading companies in the sector, focusing on the job profile.
- Executive Conferences: Conferences run by Directors and CEOS from leading companies in the sector to discuss the most relevant current issues, such as the following topics:
- Collaborative tourism
- Digital tourism commercialization
- Tourism reputation
- New trends in hospitality
- Gastronomy and tourism