Master in IT Management
Key information at a glance
- Next start of studies: Bad Honnef: March / September - Berlin: April / October
- Accreditation: FIBAA accredited
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Language of instruction: 100% English
Be a driving force in the global arena
Information is the most important asset for companies. But who decides which information is valuable? How do you get the most out of the information? And which technologies can be used effectively? Specialists in IT management answer these kinds of questions.
During your studies, you will work on the development and management of IT infrastructure, creating concepts for international project management and the implementation of IT services for internal stakeholders and customers. You also learn the basics of software engineering and deepen your knowledge of IT compliance and data protection requirements.
Facts about the degree programme
- Degree: Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Study model: on Campus
- Campus: Bad Honnef
- Programme duration: 2 semesters
- Admission: Bachelor’s degree, placement test if necessary, proof of English language skills
- Non-Business Graduates: International Management for career changers
What you will learn from us:
The IT Management Master’s degree programme prepares you optimally for a career at the interface between management and technology:
How does the course of studies work
- You gain insights into IT governance and information security concepts.
- You learn about the art of deriving IT strategies from existing business processes.
- You examine how key IT services are implemented across different people, departments, processes, and technologies.
- You develop methods for the conceptual design of high-quality software.
- And you receive training in management of projects according to international standards.
For our two-semester Master's programme you need a Bachelor's degree with 240 ECTS. If you already have professional experience or take our TASC placement test, a Bachelor's degree with 210 ECTS may be sufficient.
Where you will be studying
You can pursue our International IT Management Master’s degree at our German campus in Bad Honnef.
Study IT Management as a Major
When you major in IT Management in the International Management Master programme (4 semesters, 120 ECTS), you will deepen your professional skills and your knowledge in the area of General Management.
tudying at the IUBH supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics from an accredited university (4 year programme or equivalent to 240 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
If you have a Bachelor´s degree of 3 years or from fields other than the ones mentioned before you can still access this Master by doing our Business-Preparation Semester (Path2Master) and/or the TASC examination.
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your different options.
Aptitude Test TASC
The TASC examination is used to determine if you have the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully pursue the IUBH degree programme to which you are applying. Preparatory study materials are available on our CLIX learning platform to all candidates who will be taking the test. The materials include further literature references and detailed instructions that make it possible to work, for the most part, independently in preparation for taking the test.
What are my prospects
As an IT manager, you are among the most sought after professionals in industry, the public sector and government organisations. After graduation, for example, you can work as a ...
Your career? International
- IT Project Manager
- Scrum Master
- HR Specialist Tech Recruiting
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IUBH prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.
The IUBH is constantly on the look out for new partners and fruitful cooperations
We are very grateful for the commitment of our partners who support us in a variety of ways through grants, sponsorship, guest speakers, events, direct recruitment and more. Over time, a special relationship develops between the IUBH and the cooperation partner. The exchange between the two deepens and all sides profit from the individual cooperation contract. The goal of these partnerships is to support interested students and graduates and to give them the best possible chances and insights.