Master International Aviation Management
A future in the aviation industry
: FIBAA accredited
: 60 ECTS
Language of instruction
: 100% English
Fly high with IUBH
The aviation industry is forecasting further increases in passenger numbers for the coming years. As a result, graduates with a degree in Aviation Management will land great positions in interesting aviation professions – especially at the management level.
In our Aviation Management Master’s degree programme, you have the opportunity to combine your existing knowledge with sector-specific know-how. You learn about the main drivers of airline profitability – network planning and revenue management –, acquire knowledge of environmental issues such as noise and emissions, deepen your knowledge of airline and airport financing and discuss current issues from different perspectives.
Facts about the degree programme
Study Aviation as a Major
- Degree: Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Study model: on Campus
- Campus: Bad Honnef, Berlin
- Programme duration: 2 semesters
- Admission: Bachelor’s degree, placement test if necessary, proof of English language skills
- Non-Business Graduates: International Management for career changers
When you major in Aviation in the International Management Master programme (4 semesters, 120 ECTS), you will deepen your professional skills and your knowledge in the area of General Management.
What you will learn from us
The International Aviation Management Master’s degree programme prepares you specifically for challenges you face as a leader in the aviation business:
How does the course of studies work
- You learn how to apply strategic and operative management concepts specifically to international airlines and infrastructure providers.
- You deepen your knowledge of the structure and success factors for value-adding business models in aviation.
- You deal intensively with regulations and measures in the aviation industry.
For our two-semester Master's programme you need a Bachelor's degree with 240 ECTS. If you already have professional experience or take our TASC placement test, a Bachelor's degree with 210 ECTS may be sufficient.
Studying at the IUBH supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Economics or similar from an accredited university (4 year programme or equivalent to 240 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
If you have a Bachelor´s degree of 3 years or from fields other than Business or Management you can still access this Master by doing our Business-Preparation Semester (Path2Master) and/or the TASC examination.
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your different options.
Aptitude Test TASC
The TASC examination is used to determine if you have the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully pursue the IUBH degree programme to which you are applying. Preparatory study materials are available on our CLIX learning platform to all candidates who will be taking the test. The materials include further literature references and detailed instructions that make it possible to work, for the most part, independently in preparation for taking the test.
What are my prospects?
As a future manager you will take on responsibilities in the area of air traffic and logistics. After graduation, for example, you can work as a ...
Your career? International
- Air Freight Procurement Manager
- Corporate Strategy Developer
- Process Management Consultant
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IUBH prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.
The IUBH is constantly on the look out for new partners and fruitful cooperations
We are very grateful for the commitment of our partners who support us in a variety of ways through grants, sponsorship, guest speakers, events, direct recruitment and more. Over time, a special relationship develops between the IUBH and the cooperation partner. The exchange between the two deepens and all sides profit from the individual cooperation contract. The goal of these partnerships is to support interested students and graduates and to give them the best possible chances and insights.