MBA International Human Resource Management
- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Accreditation: FIBAA accredited
- Language of instruction: 100% English
Career springboard MBA.
Finding skilled employees through “talent scouting”, developing new online training or coaching employees – HR work can be very diverse. Have you already gained some work experience after completing your first degree and would you like to expand your knowledge in this field and your general management skills to reach the next level in your career?
Then our MBA with a major in International Human Resource Management is the right choice for you. To comprehensively prepare you for a successful career in human resources, we provide you with important specialist knowledge as well as advanced know-how for strategic and operative thinking in companies. After graduating, you will in a position to take on responsibilities in an exciting environment.
Facts about the degree programme
- Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Study model: on Campus, Smart Entry
- Campus: Bad Honnef, Berlin
- Programme duration: 3 semesters
- Admission: Bachelor’s degree, professional experience, proof of English language skills.
What you will learn from us
The MBA gives you expert and general management know-how and will help you develop your individual methodical skills:
- You will deepen your knowledge in the areas of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will actively work on your soft skills such as communication skills and intercultural awareness.
- You learn the basics of strategic HR management.
- You discuss personnel development measures as well as international and multinational concepts for leadership and motivation.
- And you compare international approaches in HR management and expand your knowledge of other research topics
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Marketing
- Performance Measurement and Management
- Corporate Finance
- Managerial Economics
Electives (choose 4 out of 5)
- Comparative Human Resource Management.
- Research Methods for International and Comparative Human Resource Management.
- International Assessment Centers in Selection & Training.
- Current Issues In International Human Resource Management.
- International HR Strategy
- Strategic Management
- Change Management
How does the course of studies work
- Managing in a Global Economy (optional in semester 2)
- Capstone Project
In the second semester of your MBA programme International Business, you choose your major and set your personal focus.
Studying at the IUBH supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university (3 year programme or equivalent to 180 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- At least 2 years of full-time professional and relevant experience after your Bachelor´s graduation (internships do not qualify)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your options.
Where you will be studying
Students who want to focus diligently on their studies but also enjoy themselves shouldn’t have to spend their time in crowded lecture halls, dusty libraries or long queues in front of their professors’ offices. Small study groups ensure you receive excellent support at the IUBH and have a “direct line” to the lecturers. Our professors and lecturers have a wealth of practical experience and outstanding expertise; many of them are still active in companies in addition to their work at IUBH. Our different campuses offer you everything you need for your education and well-being: modern seminar rooms, libraries, IT support, WIFI and a canteen; and in Bad Honnef there is also a café and a bar right on campus.
What are my prospects
HR personnel can do much more than look over applications, conduct interviews and draft employment contracts. Because of a shortage in trained HR personnel, their skills are needed in all areas in the selection, assignment and promotion of staff in line with corporate goals. After graduation, for example, you can work as a ...
Your career? International
- Human Resources Manager
- Personnel Developer
- Human Resources Officer
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IUBH prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.
The IUBH is constantly on the look out for new partners and fruitful cooperations
We are very grateful for the commitment of our partners who support us in a variety of ways through grants, sponsorship, guest speakers, events, direct recruitment and more. Over time, a special relationship develops between the IUBH and the cooperation partner. The exchange between the two deepens and all sides profit from the individual cooperation contract. The goal of these partnerships is to support interested students and graduates and to give them the best possible chances and insights.