MBA International Business: International Marketing
Successfully shaping branding
- Accreditation: FIBAA accredited
- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Language of instruction: 100% English
Career springboard MBA
Marketing and sales managers face an increasingly complex and interactive variety of tasks. The tasks include, for example, development of national or international brand and product strategies, and planning of target group-specific product and marketing concepts or the design of successful sales processes.
Have you already gained some work experience after completing your first degree and would you like to expand your knowledge in this field and your general management skills to reach the next level in your career?
Then our MBA with a major in International Marketing is the right choice for you. With an optimal mix of specific marketing knowledge and general management know-how, the MBA prepares you well for a career in marketing, sales and brand building.
Facts about the degree programme
- Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Study model: On Campus, Smart Entry
- Campus: Bad Honnef, Berlin
- Programme duration: 3 semesters
- Admission: Bachelor’s degree, professional experience, proof of English language skills
What you will learn from us
The MBA gives you expert and general management know-how and will help you develop your individual methodical skills:
How does the course of studies work?
- You will deepen your knowledge in the areas of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will actively work on your soft skills such as communication skills and intercultural awareness.
- You deepen your expertise in marketing and sales-related issues – with a focus on international corporate governance.
- Using practice-oriented concepts, you acquire skills in the areas of planning, implementation and control as well as international market launch and market development strategies.
- You also train soft skills such as communication and intercultural competence in addition to methodological skills.
In the second semester of your MBA programme International Business, you choose your major and set your personal focus.
Studying at the IU supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university (3 year programme or equivalent to 180 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- At least 2 years of full-time professional and relevant experience after your Bachelor´s graduation (internships do not qualify)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your options.
Where you will be studying
Students who want to focus diligently on their studies but also enjoy themselves shouldn’t have to spend their time in crowded lecture halls, dusty libraries or long queues in front of their professors’ offices. Small study groups ensure you receive excellent support at the IU and have a “direct line” to the lecturers. Our professors and lecturers have a wealth of practical experience and outstanding expertise; many of them are still active in companies in addition to their work at IU. Our different campuses offer you everything you need for your education and well-being: modern seminar rooms, libraries, IT support, WIFI and a canteen; and in Bad Honnef there is also a café and a bar right on campus.
What are my prospects?
Since virtually every national and international company sells products or services, the career prospects in marketing are outstanding. Experts with sound marketing and sales skills are in demand almost everywhere. After graduation, for example, you can work as a ...
Your career? International!
- Communication Manger
- Brand Manager
- Marketing Manager
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IU prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.
The IU is constantly on the look out for new partners and fruitful cooperations
We are very grateful for the commitment of our partners who support us in a variety of ways through grants, sponsorship, guest speakers, events, direct recruitment and more. Over time, a special relationship develops between the IU and the cooperation partner. The exchange between the two deepens and all sides profit from the individual cooperation contract. The goal of these partnerships is to support interested students and graduates and to give them the best possible chances and insights.