Summer Course in Fashion Design.
- Length: 4 weeks
- Education level: Summer / Short course
- Institute: Accademia del Lusso School of Fashion & Design
- Location: Milan
- Language: English
- Start date: June 2019
Want to learn how to design your own clothes? Not sure where to start? Join our fashion design summer course and gain the knowledge and skills you need.
Taught by professional experts, this one- to four-week course will teach you the basics of how to turn your ideas into real collections that meet market demand.
Starting with a study of trend research and how to put together a moodboard, you will then journey through the entire fashion design process, from acquiring drawing techniques that allow you to express your own creativity, to being able to work with fabric on the mannequin, and finally learning fashion illustration and graphic design skills through traditional and innovative media methods.
By the end of the course you will have followed the whole creative procedure, from conception to completion, and you’ll be able to efficiently express your own unique style.
Most recent qualification
- Suitable knowledge of English: demonstrated by a formal certificate or Skype language interview
The course includes:
• Trends & research
• Moodboards and colour palettes
• The main materials used in fashion collections
• Fashion figure drawing: stylization
• Draping on the mannequin
• Fashion graphic design and rendering techniques
• Presenting a final portfolio
For the full week-by-week course content, please contact the school directly.
Each week of the course can be purchased and attended separately, meaning that you can attend any one, two, three or all four weeks, depending on your needs.