Summer course in Fashion Styling & Visual Merchandising.
- Length: 4 weeks
- Education level: Summer / Short course
- Institute: Accademia del Lusso School of Fashion & Design
- Location: Milan
- Start date: June 2019
This unique course combines two of the most creative and essential areas of the fashion industry: fashion styling and visual merchandising.
After an introduction on to how to research trends and materials and a general overview of the fashion and luxury system, the course provides the fundamental techniques both for styling and visual merchandising for fashion. Taught by successful working professionals and full of insider knowledge, you will explore the key roles these experts play within the fashion industry today, and you’ll have the chance to put your knowledge into practice through practical workshops.
The styling part of the course focuses on image communication and how to plan and execute a photo shoot. Through the visual merchandising part you will learn visual and commercial communication skills which will allow you to create successful visual displays that meet consumer demands.
• Most recent qualification
• Suitable knowledge of English: demonstrated by a formal certificate or Skype language interview
The course includes:
• Trends & research
• The luxury and fashion systems and their key players
• Defining a fashion product and understanding its creation procedure
• Image communication
• Introduction to retail channels
• Visual merchandising techniques
For the full week-by-week course content, please contact the school directly.
Each week of the course can be purchased and attended separately, meaning that you can attend any one, two, three or all four weeks, depending on your needs.