The International Master's Degree in Finance is a full-time, one-year programme that provides a highly advanced qualification in the finance field. It is designed for students who intend to pursue a career in the financial services industry or in the field of corporate finance. The Master's in Finance gives you a strong background in the theoretical underpinnings of finance, while offering intensive applied training aimed at developing skills for active interaction in the finance world. Our graduates have earned an excellent reputation in the corporate sector for their outstanding quantitative and technical skills.
Studying for a MSc in Finance at IBS offers you:
• Enhanced career prospects: Graduates successfully leverage the skills and knowledge gained from their degree to embark on careers in their sector of choice. The curriculum is structured in order to lead up to the CFA® (Chartered Financial Analyst®) Exam.
• Specialization and flexibility: Half of the courses are electives, which allows students to customize the programme so that it focuses on areas of particular relevance to their chosen careers.
• First-hand financial experience: During the programme there will be a finance agenda that will offer regular presentations made by companies, workshops on financial information systems such as Bloomberg and Reuters, and case analyses
• International experience. A mid-week residential stay in Madrid will give students direct contact with companies and institutions in the local financial industry and provide them with additional international exposure.
• Contact with a world-class faculty: The finance faculty is made up of leaders in the field of financial research who have published in some of the world's most distinguished journals. They will provide students with a cutting-edge education in finance in classes that put a premium on how to apply their knowledge to real settings;
• Preparation for the business arena: During the programme, students will be able to attend a personal soft skill development programme and career management training designed to upgrade their global skills, improving their prospects for a successful future career.
• Financial data lab: Among European schools, IBS has one of the most comprehensive financial databases - a resource that includes free access to Wharton Research Data Services, Compustat, Worldscope, CRSP and more complete information systems such as Bloomberg and Reuters. Through its financial database, students will have a chance to do data simulating and modelling, apply theory to the real financial world and develop applied projects using unique data sets.