The Master Degree Program in Data Science and Advanced Analytics will provide a set of interdisciplinary skills and tools including:
- Understanding of the main paradigms associated with large databases and building data warehouses;
- Understanding the processes of decision making;
- Mastering data mining tools and computational intelligence, in particular for "Big Data" related problems;
- Mastering the processes of creation and maintenance of descriptive and predictive models;
- Mastering communication, both written and orally, to audiences with different technical levels.
The Master degree Program in Data Science and Advanced Analytics is aimed at analytical oriented people wishing to meet the challenges of modern technology by solving new and challenging problems, who like to turn data into knowledge and aspire to develop a career in a field with huge potential for growth and with great demand worldwide.
Master in Advanced Analytics
Several companies, institutions, and magazines have recently published articles about the role of new frontiers of data analysis, specifically on how the huge amount of data available today could be used to generate wealth. That is why NOVA IMS has created the Master degree Program in Advanced Analytics: to train talents in advanced analytics, enabling them to develop business analytics in any kind of Portuguese or international organization, or to build a research career in any of the most prestigious Portuguese or international Universities. This Master degree program is aimed at analytical oriented people who wish to meet the challenges of modern technology by solving new and challenging problems, who like to turn data into knowledge and aspire to develop a career in an area with huge potential for growth and with great demand worldwide. This Master degree program does not impose rules to the provenance of the applicants. However, having knowledge of mathematics, statistics and information technologies is an important selection factor. The proficiency in English is a requirement. Candidaturas 2018-2019:3 de abril a 10 de maio de 2018.